BELOW: The Brentano String Quartet plays in the WNYC studio. First, they perform Schubert’s brief unfinished Andante, and then at 3:02, they perform Bruce Adolphe’s Fra(nz)g-mentation, which is based on the fragment by Franz Schubert. To see other videos, click on PLAYLIST on top of video player.
Sony Classical has released a recording of EINSTEIN’S LIGHT performed by violinist Joshua Bell and pianist Marija Stroke.
Amazon Music: http://smarturl.it/amp3-EinsteinsLight
Apple Music: http://smarturl.it/EinsteinsLight-apple
I Will Not Remain Silent is a violin concerto inspired by the life of Joachim Prinz, which I composed for violinist Sharon Roffman. Below is a link to the PRINZ PROJECT, where you can hear the world premiere of I Will Not Remain Silent and read the program notes. Sharon Roffman, violin; IRIS Orchestra; Michael Stern, conductor.
Emma and the Blue Baku is a one-act opera for family audiences. Libretto by James M. Bradburne. To watch the world premiere as filmed at the Biblioteca Nazionale di Brera, Milan, performed by the Ensemble della Civica Scuola di musica Claudio Abbado, click here (and if you need a password to watch, use BakuMilano2017): https://vimeo.com/259231210
Self Comes to Mind (2009) To listen to the three movements of Self Comes to Mind, visit YouTube. Here is the first movement:
1. Whispers of Mortality (String Quartet No. 4): Second Movement (Miami String Quartet, music@menlo live! CD)
2. Red Dogs and Pink Skies: Delightful Water, Delicious Water (PollyRhythm Players* CD)
3. More or Less —a fantasia on Gesualdo’s madrigal “Moro, lasso” from O Gesualdo, Divine Tormentor! (Brentano String Quartet in concert at The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center)
4. The Tiger’s Ear: Barnett Newman recorded in concert at Symphony Space**
5. The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses: brief excerpt (Boston Musica Viva, Richard Pittman, conductor)
For videos of Bruce Adolphe’s lectures at The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, visit the Society’s Watch and Listen page.
*Musicians in Red Dogs and Pink Skies: Laura Gilbert, flute; Jo-Ann Sternberg, clarinet; Curtis Macomber, violin; Marcy Rosen, cello; Marji Danilow, bass; Tom Kolor, percussion.
**Musicians in The Tiger’s Ear: Barnett Newman performance: Curtis Macomber, violin; Misha Amory, viola; Michael Kannen, cello; Tara Helen O’Connor, flute; Stephen Taylor, oboe; Marija Stroke, piano.