BELOW: The Brentano String Quartet plays in the WNYC studio. First, they perform Schubert’s brief unfinished Andante, and then at 3:02, they perform Bruce Adolphe’s Fra(nz)g-mentation, which is based on the fragment by Franz Schubert. To see other videos, click on PLAYLIST on top of video player.
Sony Masterworks has released a recording of EINSTEIN’S LIGHT performed by violinist Joshua Bell and pianist Marija Stroke.
Amazon Music: http://smarturl.it/amp3-EinsteinsLight
Apple Music: http://smarturl.it/EinsteinsLight-apple
I Will Not Remain Silent is a violin concerto inspired by the life of Joachim Prinz, which I composed for violinist Sharon Roffman. Below is a link to the PRINZ PROJECT, where you can hear the world premiere of I Will Not Remain Silent and read the program notes. Sharon Roffman, violin; IRIS Orchestra; Michael Stern, conductor.
1. Whispers of Mortality (String Quartet No. 4): Second Movement (Miami String Quartet, music@menlo live! CD)
2. Red Dogs and Pink Skies: Delightful Water, Delicious Water (PollyRhythm Players* CD)
3. More or Less —a fantasia on Gesualdo’s madrigal “Moro, lasso” from O Gesualdo, Divine Tormentor! (Brentano String Quartet in concert at The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center)
4. The Tiger’s Ear: Barnett Newman recorded in concert at Symphony Space**
5. The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses: brief excerpt (Boston Musica Viva, Richard Pittman, conductor)
For videos of Bruce Adolphe’s lectures at The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, visit the Society’s Watch and Listen page.
*Musicians in Red Dogs and Pink Skies: Laura Gilbert, flute; Jo-Ann Sternberg, clarinet; Curtis Macomber, violin; Marcy Rosen, cello; Marji Danilow, bass; Tom Kolor, percussion.
**Musicians in The Tiger’s Ear: Barnett Newman performance: Curtis Macomber, violin; Misha Amory, viola; Michael Kannen, cello; Tara Helen O’Connor, flute; Stephen Taylor, oboe; Marija Stroke, piano.